Saturday, January 7, 2017

Sweater - cording


Here is a sweater I made a couple months ago from a simple tunic style pattern. I just recently assembled it, and instead of ribbing, I decided to try cording as a way to finish off the neck and sleeves. I also decreased around the neck two rows in to make a cleaner edge and make picking up stitches for the neck finish easier. I SSK on the left side in order to make the left side decrease mirroring the right side.

I like the look of the cording, but not with this yarn. Also I didn't take into account the inch to two of ribbing, so the there is more neck exposure along with the sleeves being a tad shorter than I would have liked. If I were to do this in white cotton, the garment would be heavier weighing down the cording at the bottom of the sweater. Either way, it was a fun project, and I learned tons. Tons darling!